These are the things at Minerva First Christian Church that are sacred and non-negotiable. These things do not change, they are God's truth and are what make us The Church. This is our statement of faith.
- God is the creator, sustainer, and ruler of all (Gen. 1; Ps. 33:6, 1 Chron. 29:11).
- God is one being who exists eternally in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:26; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13;14).
- God is the Father of Jesus Christ (Matt. 16:15-17).
- God is our Father and provides for all our needs (Matt. 6:5-9, 31-34
- God is all-powerful, all knowing, and is present everywhere. He is both perfect and personal (Jer. 32:17; Ps 139:2, 7-10).
About Jesus Christ
- Jesus is the Son of God (John 3:16). This makes Him equal with God the Father (Phil. 2:6).
- Jesus came to show us what God is like (John 1:14-18; 10:30; 14:7-9).
- Jesus came to give His life as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of the world (John 1:29, 3:17).
- Jesus was resurrected from the dead and is alive today and forevermore (John 11:25-26; Rev. 1:18).
- Jesus is the King of kings who is coming again. He will be victorious over all evil (Phil. 2:9-11; Matt. 28:18).
- Jesus is the solution to man's sin. He desires to be Savior and Lord of our lives (Romans 6:23, 8:29).
About the Holy Spirit
- The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead, co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Son (Rom. 8:9).
- The Holy Spirit is a person (not an "it"). He isn't an impersonal force (Col. 1:27).
- The Holy Spirit is a counselor and comforter who lives within the Christian. He teaches us the truth, helps us to live right, and reminds us of Jesus (John 14:26-27, 15:26, 16:7-8, 13-15
- The Holy Spirit provides the power for us to be witnesses and servants of Jesus (Acts 1:8; 1 Cor. 12:7).
- Man and woman were created in the image of God (Gen. 1:26-27; 2:7).
- Man was tempted by Satan and chose to rebel against God (Gen. 3:1-24).
- Man's tendency, because of his rebellion, is to do evil. On his own, man cannot make himself good (Rom. 3:10, 23; 5:12).
- Man can be made righteous and find forgiveness for his sins only through Jesus Christ (John 14:6; Rom. 5:6-11; 2 Cor. 5:17).
- Man can have abundant life here, and an eternal life hereafter, only by God's grace through Jesus Christ (John 10:10; Eph. 2:4-9).
About the Bible
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Peter 1:19-21).
- The Bible is inerrant (without error) down to the very last word (Matt. 5:18).
- The Bible is our guide. It declares the truth about God, proclaims what we should believe, and how we should live (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- The Bible is for everyone to read so that all may hear God speak to their hearts and minds (Psalm 1:1-3).
- The Bible's goal is to present God's plan to redeem man through Jesus Christ (John 5:39; 1 Cor. 15:3).
- The Bible is a book of blessing and all Christians should become familiar with it (Psalm 119:97-104; 1 Peter 2:2-3).
About the Church
- The Church is the body of Jesus Christ. It includes people of every race who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior (Rom. 12:4-5; 1 Cor. 12:12-13, 27).
- The Church has Jesus Christ as its head (Eph. 1:22-23; Col. 1:17-18).
- The Church is the family of God (Gal. 6:10).
- The Church exists to celebrate the life of God, cultivate personal growth in Christ, care about one another in Christ, and communicate Christ to the world (Matt. 28:19-20; Rom. 12:10 Col. 2:6-8).